Eagle Please Help!

Posted 7/7/2004 12:49 PM

Maddog Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 20
Eagle I am still working on this trojan. Look at my other post and you will see what I am talking about okay?

I tried the regedit and this is what I got afterwards with Trendmicro:

Viruse:trojan agent.ea

Scan result:Cannot access

File:C:windows\Ms agent\crnut.exe

I got that after going back in the second time to do regedit. When I did the regedit the second time I put in: Ms agent/crnut.exe

I deleted it in the regedit, but cannot do it with Trendmicro. Can you tell me why and what can I do now?

I really appreciate your help, I have been working on this for over a week. :confused: :freaked: :mad:

Maddog
Posted 7/7/2004 12:56 PM

eagle Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 492
OK maddog what antivirus are you running? second you may need a removal tool for that one, go to bullguard.com and see if they have one or to whomever you have.

Eagle :smilewinkgrin:

P.S. try your AV's tech support, they might be able to help also.
Posted 7/7/2004 1:11 PM

Maddog Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
I am running Trendmicro (HouseCall) antivirus. Plus I have Spyware Killer by COSMI installed in my computer.

Trendmicro is the only one who found this trojan on my computer. The other antiviruses I used deleted all that they found on my computer.

I am so comfused with this. I appreciate your help Eagle.

Maddog
Posted 7/7/2004 4:23 PM

eagle Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Ok maddog,

If your running XP, try uninstalling your AV's and download bullguard's 60 day trial offer, you do that by going into add/remove programs in your control panel find the program highlight it click remove/change (if your running 98 be careful of trying bullguard) this one if it see's it it will either delete it or move it to quarantine and you can delete it from there.good luck and keep me posted.

Posted 7/7/2004 4:41 PM

Maddog Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Eagle I am running 98. So if Bullguard is going to mess up my computer I rather not use it.

The things that I have done though has made my computer run better. So I guess I have done something good?

Now what do you think?

Maddog
Posted 7/8/2004 12:48 PM

eagle Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Hey maddog are you familiar at all with regedit?

Posted 7/9/2004 4:28 PM

Maddog Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
I don't know anything about regedit, except what you have told me.

I did run the Ad-Aware though. They found 253 files that they quaranteened and deleted for me. I did Ad-Aware twice. The second time they didn't find anything. Of course they didn't find the trojan that we have been working with, so I guess it is still there.

I can't do Spybot-Search and Destroy. They seem to be full or something. Anyway they are not working.

Any other advice?
Appreciate it.

Maddog
Posted 7/10/2004 1:40 PM

eagle Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Ok maddog,

go back into the regedit where i told you before and type in msagent just that all files that have that in it will come up then delete them.If that don't work then try the other half crnut and see what happens.

good luck and keep me posted.

Posted 7/10/2004 9:36 PM

Maddog Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Okay this is what happens. When I put in Msagent on the left hand side is: My Computer and then under that there is a folder that is (HKEY Classes and Root) and then under that there is a lot of folders. On the right hand side there is this: Name (Default) and then Data (values not set).

Do you know what that is?

Maddog
Posted 7/10/2004 9:41 PM

Maddog Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Okay just did the (crnut) and then I deleted what was in that. It had

a "'
b
MRU
Default (value not set)

I deleted everything but the Default and it won't let me because values are not set.

Maddog
Posted 7/11/2004 12:05 AM

pxfbird Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 13
:confused: I don't mean to butt in, but what's wrong with using BG on 98? Eagle, you've captured my curiousity.

Good Luck on snagging that little bugger, Maddog!! :smilewinkgrin:

Bird ^_^

P.S. You might try a PandaScan online scan. I use it every once in a while just to be double safe (more so when I'm running the BG beta.) https://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/com/activescan_principal.htm Just click the "Scan My Pc" button down towards the left. Sometimes it can take awhile and it can cause your computer to bog down, but it might help. ;-)
Posted 7/11/2004 6:32 AM

eagle Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Maddog,

your question first, delete everything that you can from both then do a diskclean that should help you.

Bird to your quetion, I don't claim to understand it but it seems windows 98 for some reason don't get along with the puppy, I've seen it work on some and make others go completly bonkers, I've advised people that that has happened to, to write BG and let them know. cause where I live you can still find people using 95(and how old is that) but to download bullguard you need a updated installer and I think (not sure) that's where the problem comes in, the latest installer is for NTFS and 98 and 95 are FAT systems 95 being 16 bit and 98 being 32 bit. Xp can slide either way so it can handle NTFS installer and buffer for the FAT 32. I hope that anwers your question. But if not let me know.

Posted 7/12/2004 5:50 PM

Maddog Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Hi Eagle and Pxfbird,

I did all that you have told me Eagle. My computer seems to run pretty good now. I appreciate all that you have taught me. I haven't done a Trendmicro (HouseCall) this week to see if my virus is gone, but I will probably do it Tuesday or Wednesday. I will let you know what comes up.

Pxfbird, I did the Panda and got lost on it. Go figure. It took 6 hours just to download it on my computer. Might have been because of the trojan, I don't know, so I clicked out of it. I haven't done it since. By the way you can butt in anytime. I am always open to suggestions.

Thank you both.
Maddog
Posted 7/12/2004 6:18 PM

eagle Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Your welcome dog,
Glad to be of service, contact me anytime.
Posted 7/12/2004 8:53 PM

pxfbird Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
You're welcome Maddog (though Eagle did all the work :smilewinkgrin: lol). I'm happy to hear that you have rid yourself (hopefully ;-) ) of that sneaky trojan!!

In regards to Panda.... SIX HOURS!!!! :freaked: :shocked: WOW! I can only imagine how long it would have taken to scan your computer. :skull: It could have been the trojan slowing up the download?? Or maybe panda was eating :burger: up all your resources? (I love that burger smiley lol) Are you on dial-up by chance?

Sorry that it didn't work for ya; it's nice to have a "second opinion" occasionally. ^_^

Bird =)
Posted 7/12/2004 9:16 PM

pxfbird Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
"eagle" wrote:

Bird to your quetion, I don't claim to understand it but it seems windows 98 for some reason don't get along with the puppy, I've seen it work on some and make others go completly bonkers, I've advised people that that has happened to, to write BG and let them know. cause where I live you can still find people using 95(and how old is that) but to download bullguard you need a updated installer and I think (not sure) that's where the problem comes in, the latest installer is for NTFS and 98 and 95 are FAT systems 95 being 16 bit and 98 being 32 bit. Xp can slide either way so it can handle NTFS installer and buffer for the FAT 32. I hope that anwers your question. But if not let me know.

Yep, it does answer my question Eagle. :smilewinkgrin: Thanks for the info. I didn't even know there was a problem with 98 until you mentioned it. I had tried putting BG on my G'pa's computer that runs 98, but he needed more room on his harddrive. I had planned on trying it again (after installing a drive a lil bit larger), but now I may reconsider. :roll: The puppy may need to go back to obedience school first.
Windows 95! Good Lord! :jumpin: Someone needs to light a fire under their asses and get them to upgrade at least a little. rofl And I thought that people here were living behind the times..... Eagle, you have opened my eyes to a new realm of slowness. lol

Bird ^_^

Btw, your guess that it's the installer causing the trouble makes sense to me.

95.... :nono: lol
Posted 7/13/2004 2:23 AM

eagle Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Hey Bird.
Wanna really laugh? he's running DSL on it with a 50mghz processor, had to configure the darn thing manually! that part was easy, but asked the tech support if it would do him any good he said it was like hooking a Ferrari engine to a bycicle frame! Had to Agree. The guy says beggining of year he's buying a BRAND NEW COMPUTER. they got this one at a yard sale, and admit they knew nadda about computers that's why they paid me to hook up DSL for them.
Eagle
:smilewinkgrin:
Posted 7/13/2004 5:02 PM

pxfbird Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
LMFAO!!
DSL on Windows 95 with 50mghz processor.... *falls on floor* User image
Ya know how on Anime when a character gets the little exclamation point by their head and then just falls down? Well, that's how I look right about now. lol

My boyfriend's reaction was "huh?" lmao

Hmmm... Ferrari engine on a bicycle.... at least you'd have an uber fast bike. User image lol Actually, I am a bit shocked that his computer would even handle DSL at all. ha ha I can only imagine how hard it was to set-up. Hats off to you Eagle.

It is good to hear that he'll soon be joining us in the present. :User image: Maybe he can resell his current computer at a yard sale. lol It's amazing what you'll find at those things. User image

Bird ^_^
Posted 7/14/2004 1:20 PM

eagle Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Acually it was'nt that hard,
and actually I would buy this computer because beyond the fact that it's old it would make a good computer for doing homework or keeping files you don't want on the net on. they're ISP'S tech support walked me thru the manual config I was amazed that somebody there still knew how! I mean windows 95 I thought he was joking, I'm used to PCI cards the even bought (on my word ) a PCI lan card the damn thing had EISA slots EISA can you believe that those things went out in the mid 90's. But as I said the computer ran good still a solid machine.

P.S. no Offense but I honestly thought you were a guy I guess it was the tattoo sorry :blush:
Posted 7/15/2004 2:48 PM

Maddog Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Hey Eagle, it is hard to see on these silly things isn't it, LMAO? I am a gal too. I got my name from my youngest sons dog. Clever huh?

By the way pxfbird, I am running Windows 98. Very little experience, but learning all the time. hehehe

I am really glad I found this website. It has really helped me.

I did another virus search yesterday with Ad-Aware and it found 50 more files messed up. I am doing this twice a week now. I did another regedit after and found nothing.

So Eagle are you a gal or guy? I need to clean my monitor, can't see to good. hehehe

Maddog
Posted 7/15/2004 8:40 PM

eagle Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Maddog,

I am 100% all American male, real thick in the middle, stand 6ft 1in 250 lbs. of what can only be classified as table muscle, trying to llose it though, hope bird comes back, I really did not mean to offend. Oh in case your wandering I'm 43 and beyond being... large shall we say! aging gracefully, for a gorilla. :tongue:

Posted 7/18/2004 10:04 PM

pxfbird Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
I'm back!! LMAO :smilewinkgrin: No offense taken Eagle. lol If it helps, I am not your typical girl....
I am not a big fan of shopping all the time, worrying about my nails breaking, watching mushy gushy movies; though sometimes those "girl" things are ok (with exception of the nails :lol: ).

I do like video games - particularly survival horror like RE and Fatal Frame. I play rpgs (big fan of Everquest (on PS2) :p ), war type games like Battlefield 1942 and Medal of Honor, I love Hitman and Metal Gear Solid :scool: , and TombRaider is definitely among my faves. lol

I love muscle cars; good horror movies (a good gorror movie is the best.. those ones that have LOTS of blood in them), action movies; hunting & fishing; sports, etc. I guess you could say that I am a tomboy... or the typical Iowa girl. lol

In regards to that computer running '95... it must say something for the stability of Windows 95 for it to be handling DSL. Actually, my Grandpa had a couple 95 computers that he tinkered around with. And I agree that they would be decent for storage. I don't think that 95 has the problems in it that 98 and XP have....?

LOL Table muscle... ha ha That's what my Grandpa used to tell me his belly was when I was little. My mom would tell him that he needed to lose some weight and I'd tell her that Grandpa had to have that muscle so he could hold up the table. lol ^_^ It is quite obvious that you have a good sense of humor Eagle. ;-) It's a great quality to have. I am surprised to learn that you are 43, though... I figured you for being in your 30's. lol *grabs can of monitor cleaner and precedes to wipe off the screen* Ahh... there we go.

Bird ^_^
Posted 7/18/2004 10:14 PM

pxfbird Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Hey Maddog ^_^ *tosses her the can of monitor cleaner*

It is nice to see another girl on here. ;-) And glad to hear that your computer isn't giving you too much trouble these days. Those trojans can be such nasty buggers.

Yes, there are a lot of helpful people on this site. And most are very friendly. :smilewinkgrin: I know that I have learned some things on here. It is also pretty easy to navigate... not something that can be said about all forums. lol

Bird ^_^
Posted 7/19/2004 4:13 AM

eagle Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Hey Bird,

Glad to have you back! As far as sense of humor goes with all things that go on in life YOU actually need one! I am courious though what made you think I was in my 30's? I did not used to be that big right before I got married I weighed 180 LBS and it was muscle(the real kind)and as I got older everything accept my appetite got slower, also did not help that I worked in Resturaunts most of that time. No I'm 43 will be 44 In Feb. But as far as the Girl part goes*has his can of moniter cleaner handy* it was the tattoo, being from the South I live in Florida I don't know I guess I have Odd values compared to most people, I've never really understood the fasination with tattos the art is beautifull no doubt but, I think it should be on a wall not your skin. Plus I reeeeaaaalllyy hate pain!, Dealt with enough of it in the service. Oh BTW, the reason I worked in rest. is that was my origanal chosen feild, I LOVE to cook, now I just do it for parties. Either way you sound like a decent person And I'm certainly glad I did not offend. Now to the tech stuff: the reason 95 is more stable than 98 is simple 98 was built on the same kernel as 95 they just simply tried to give it more umph. ME also on same kernel, that's why it has so many problems. They were all built with a graphic interface sitting over DOS 6.2 Good OS in it's day then they screw it up, in the race to a GUI. Microsoft won't admit that DOS is still a Integrit part of their Operating systems, But yet, you find it even in XP. I really enjoy our conversations and hope they can continue, good luck and keep me posted.

P.S. IF you want PM me your email then the conversations or whatever the need can be a little more not open, or we can continue this way either way is fine.

Hey maddog same goes for you too. Got some awsome recipes over the years if interested.
Posted 7/19/2004 8:29 AM

pxfbird Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Hi Eagle ^_^

Oh, I completely agree about the need for a sense of humor. I can't imagine what I would do without mine. lol It's one of the best qualities that a person can have.... the ability to laugh at life. User image

Hmmm... why I thought you were in your 30's... well.. to be honest I don't know? You just seem like a "youthful" person to me. But ya know the saying, "You are only as old as you feel." My Grandpa was a prime example of that... at the age of 84, he still acted like a 5 year old. lol

Ahha! Birthday in February. What day? Mine is the 14th. I'll be 25 (but eternally 4 lol) I wouldn't be surprised if you were an Aquarius, too.

On that tattoo, I don't actually have one. I have always been fascinated with the phoenix and haven't ever really come across any good pictures that I really liked. (And I have searched all over the internet. lol) I do love tattoo art - some of it is just so amazing - and the Celtic and tribal tattoos are interesting.. so simplistic in just black, yet they have nice lines to them. When I found the firebird on Kazaalite, I just fell in love with it. If I ever did get a real tattoo, then that would probably be it... maybe add little to the wings and tail. But I highly doubt I ever get a real one; I can handle pain, but I don't like needles and don't feel the need to volunteer for any pain. lol Besides, I can only imagine how funny it would look when I'm a wrinkly 80 year old. lmao
Now, temporary tattoos are a totally different matter. User image I have yet to find that particular picture as a temp tattoo. User image But I have thought about using it as a pattern for a henna kit; then it is just inked on and eventually wears off. User image

DOS seems so old, but it is still the chocolate wrapped up in the Windows candy shell. Could you imagine an M&M without the chocolate? User image User imageyuck lol Never had a chance to try ME... I've heard good things and bad things about it, but mostly bad. lol But the same has been said for 98 so... To be honest, I hate Windows more than I can say, but see it as a necessary evil. lol I was raised on Apples (LogoWriter anyone?.. .) We used Power Macs in high school computer programming; the teacher hated Windows. I never had any problems using them (though I never tried anything fancy on them).. still.. they were easy to use and I never experienced the problems on them that I've seen on Windows machines. (Blue Screen of Death comes to mind.) Argh.. I remember the day that I first had to use a Windows based machine... I only wanted to make a cool icon for my folder like I did on the power mac I used at school; it just wasn't gonna happen. Then began my never-ending journey of tinkering around with Windows to try to understand it. lol At least it brings a nice challenge (and headache) to my brain when the computer craps out and I'm forced to read as much as I can on the net so that I can fix the problem. lol Thank you Bill Gates... *mumbles under breath* On that note, it's been a long time since I've been to www.ihatebillgates.com. hee hee

Bird ^_^

P.S. My addy is on its way.
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Thursday, December 1, 2022, 11:36 AM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,974 posts in 13,697 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,573 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, iAwake.
89 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.