The BullGuard products and services are part of NortonLifeLock Inc., a global leader in consumer Cyber Safety with a portofolio of brands including Norton, Avira and more. Learn more at NortonLifeLock.com

Help with potential false positives

Posted 3/30/2022 4:48 PM

JAY Member

Date Joined Nov 2021
Total Posts: 1

Hi, I have a couple files that were Quarantined by Bullguard & im hoping you can provide some info for me? 

I know for sure the most recent one, Realbench is a False Positive because its a legitimate benchmartk program that has been around for years & hasnt even been updated for years. Its also been installed on this PC ever since I Installed Bullguard so Im not exactly sure why BG would have all of a sudden flagged it for quarantine.

Another issue with this file, I clicked on the restore option & BG informed me it would be restored after a reboot but it WAS NOT! I had to remove all folders and redownload Asus Realbench & reinstall it.

As for the other Asus file the RLSDownload\MainSDKSSeperate\6_SDK I have NO idea what that is or why it was flagged? I tried to do a google search but didnt find anything that would lead me to a concrete answer.

User image

Posted 3/30/2022 5:09 PM

Andreea-Luciana Ostache Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 892
Hello Jay, welcome to our forum! 

The correct approach for this is to contact our support department, so they can get your logs and samples of the files with issues (the actual detected files that shown in the logs), so they can escalate to the Malware team for a double check.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Support Team Leader
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Saturday, July 2, 2022, 12:27 AM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 61,974 posts in 13,697 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,684 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, james44.
19 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.