Need Help with removing W32/Bagle.dll.gen virus

Posted 7/24/2004 5:25 PM

DeeDee Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 2
Hi Everyone,

I'm happy to be on board and need your help.

I need help figuring out how to get rid of the W32/Bagle.dll.gen virus on my computer. My virus scan identifies the virus and then deletes it. As suggested, I reboot the computer and run the scan again and the virus is back. I have tried running the virus scan software in safe mode and I also have disabled system restore.

Does anyone have any experience with this one? I'm desperateUser image

I understand that I may have to edit the registry, update the virus definitions, and run a full system scan-but I'm not sure how to do that.

Thanks so much,

DeeDee
Posted 7/24/2004 6:11 PM

Mystikal Dreamer Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 9
Aye! This is a tough 1 :confused: . If you disabled system restore, and its still coming back, the only thing I can think of is that its spreading. If Norton or you deleted the files, but theres others still infected, you have to delete all of them. Usually, Norton only finds the common source of the virus, but it dosnt find the files infected with it. So, in that case, Norton will only delete the file that was infected with the file first and not all of it. Run a online scanner and find it and all the files it spreaded too :) andf then, reboot your computer in safe mode, and delete them manually :smilewinkgrin:

Hope this helps,

Kyra
Posted 7/25/2004 12:34 AM

DeeDee Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 2
Thanks Kyra, I don't have Norton, I am using McAfee through AOL. Do you think that it makes a difference which antivirus software I use?

I will give your suggestion a try. Thanks so much,

DeeDee
Posted 7/26/2004 7:56 PM

BamRam Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1
DeeDee - I've had this same virus for over a week and finally found a solution that worked for me. My solution is at the bottom of this thread.

https://www.bullguard.com/forum/8/Win32BagleGenmm-problems_444.html

BamRam
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Friday, December 2, 2022, 1:54 PM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,974 posts in 13,697 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,573 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, iAwake.
59 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.