The BullGuard products and services are part of NortonLifeLock Inc., a global leader in consumer Cyber Safety with a portofolio of brands including Norton, Avira and more. Learn more at NortonLifeLock.com

enable uncontrolled access for application under account with parental control

Posted 3/12/2022 7:36 AM

fantomas Member

Date Joined Mar 2022
Total Posts: 7
I set up account with parental controls enabled.

I have imported local bullguard certificate to browser and to windows certificate storage,

however there it one application (roblox studio) that seems to ignore that and complains about invalid certificate.

when I disabled parental controls for this account, application worked without problems.

when I enabled parental controls, disabling webfilter or disabling bullguard protection did not help.

I could run the application all times, it just did not get to do its job.

can I exempt this application from being intercepted by parental controls?
Posted 3/16/2022 8:17 AM

Andreea-Luciana Ostache Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 892
To exempt a link from Parental Control, in the profile, under Filters, you can white-list websites.

To exempt a program, go to the Applications tab, add the program to the blocked Applications list and uncheck it. Since Roblox also has chat, make sure you add it to the Chat Block list as well and uncheck it.
Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Support Team Leader
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
Posted 3/16/2022 4:24 PM

fantomas Member

Date Joined Mar 2022
Total Posts: 7
Andreea-Luciana Ostache wrote: To exempt a program, go to the Applications tab, add the program to the blocked Applications list and uncheck it.

the program is listed and unchecked, and I can execute it.

However, when parental controls are active, connections from that program are intercepted by bullguard AV and bullguard ssl certificate is presented to the program, and unfortunately the program does not like it.

I was not able to work around this other way than disabling parental control for that account.
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Saturday, July 2, 2022, 1:41 AM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 61,974 posts in 13,697 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,684 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, james44.
55 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.