The BullGuard products and services are part of NortonLifeLock Inc., a global leader in consumer Cyber Safety with a portofolio of brands including Norton, Avira and more. Learn more at NortonLifeLock.com

Premature spamming renewal pop-ups on every login and boot-up

Posted 1/6/2022 11:44 AM

Star1 Member

Date Joined Jan 2022
Total Posts: 1
Repeated spamming renewal pop-ups on every log-on/boot-up my computer. I see this has been mention before even back a few years ago, but the problem persists.

The "Skip" checkbox on the bottom left of the pop-up is ghosted/faded out, so it cannot be chosen if you tried because it's been disabled.

Although on previous support tickets by other users, the answer given to them was to go in BullGuard's Settings>General>Main, then Advanced section, then to "un-check" the Enable Communication screen; I can confirm that this too has been ghosted-out and disabled from being changes. It is permanently ticked and are unable to uncheck it.

The whole spamming of the renewal pop-up started on the first day I installed the months trial of BullGuard Premium Protection and it has been relentless ever since.

I am more than happy if it reminded me on the very last three days left of any subscription (no more than 3 days) with pop-ups and email, whether it be a trial or full subscription. This serves to appear very unprofessional and off-putting. I'm coming from Malwarebytes Premium + Privacy VPN 1 years subscription (only 40 GBP for 1 year, 5 devices - discounted seasonal offer) which had just expired at Christmas and therefore have reconsidered and narrowed it down to my preference being 1 of three between: BullGuard, McCafee or Malwarbytes again. However the pop-ups are leaving a bad impression and seem very unprofessional.

Do I have to endure this for the whole months trial, because the two methods mentioned above are disabled and don't work?

Please could you advise of a work-around?

Thanks
Posted 1/6/2022 12:31 PM

Andreea-Luciana Ostache Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 892
Hey Star,

Happy new year and welcome to our forum!

I am sorry to hear of your negative experience! I will feedback to the product management team, to ensure that we handle things better. We are striving to offer users a positive experience.

Please contact support@bullguard.com and ask to be directed to me, so I can investigate for you and see what we can do to improve your experience.
Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Support Team Leader
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Wednesday, June 29, 2022, 3:01 PM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 61,974 posts in 13,697 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,684 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, james44.
82 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.