The BullGuard products and services are part of NortonLifeLock Inc., a global leader in consumer Cyber Safety with a portofolio of brands including Norton, Avira and more. Learn more at NortonLifeLock.com

Any way to block Razer Synapse self-install

Posted 4/5/2022 10:05 AM

VegemiteKid Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 9
I've just found out that the annoying issue of Razer starting an install for their Synapse software is actually a Rubber Ducky malware action. It's never been something I liked in the first place, and comes up on every machine I use a (newly purchased) Razer Bluetooth headset on, despite the fact their Synapse software is not something I want. Is there any way to stop this unwanted malware backdoor into my computer, or is it going to involve simply not purchasing any Razer hardware at all? I'd like to think Bullguard is actually set up to do that, but I can't find out where.

Thanks in advance.
Posted 4/5/2022 11:29 AM

Andreea-Luciana Ostache Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 892

Disable AutoPlay in Windows 10 operating systems is by doing it through Windows Settings. Follow the below-mentioned steps to turn off the AutoPlay in Windows 10:

Step 1: Click Windows icon, in your system.

Click on Windows icon

Step 2: Now, from the menu that pops up, select Settings option

select Settings option

Step 3: Now select Devices (Bluetooth, printers, mouse) options from the Settings menu.

select Devices

Step 4: Select AutoPlay from the left side pane.

Select AutoPlay

Step 5: Now, turn off the AutoPlay (Use AutoPlay for all media and devices) switch by making a click with your mouse.

Source: Three Methods to Disable AutoRun in Windows 10 (nucleustechnologies.com)

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Support Team Leader
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
Posted 4/5/2022 10:29 PM

VegemiteKid Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 9
Thank you. I'll try that and see how it goes.
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Saturday, July 2, 2022, 1:10 AM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 61,974 posts in 13,697 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,684 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, james44.
55 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.