Bullguard negative comments in Computer Active

Posted 11/21/2015 8:11 AM

anniesboy Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 72
I subscribe to Comptuer Active,in the latest issue (463) an article "security Tools you should stop using".

Bullguard along with AVG is said to preform badly,offering a false sense of security.
I have no intention of jumping ship,but these comments raise concern.

I post this as staff at Bullguard HQ may well want to query these comments.
Posted 11/22/2015 4:44 AM

Advanced member

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us about the article.

It saddens us whenever a negative article is written about BullGuard, but whether good or bad, a review always helps us better our product.
I will inform our managers of the article.

I can not reply without actually reading the article myself, but BullGuard is one of the best security programs, compared to other programs, for two reasons:

1. We take security very seriously. We have the best engines on the market, embedded into an application that is designed to be as easy to use as possible.
2. When it fails, we are always there to help. We provide 24/7 support by e-mail and live chat.
Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Support Team Leader
[url]support@bullguard.com[/url]
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 16

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
Posted 11/22/2015 10:19 AM

LeoK Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 18
Hello,

Rather than taken that article from "Computer Active" as 100% I would recommend checking out the test results performed by professional security experts.

The web site AvTest publishes free results of their industry test and here is a link that shows what they found for Bullguard Internet Security.

Looks great to me!!

https://www.av-test.org/en/antivirus/home-windows/windows-7/august-2015/bullguard-internet-security-15.1-153287/
Best regards,
Leo K.
Posted 11/25/2015 2:25 PM

Dickens Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 273
LeoK, thank you for that link - a very interesting report that certainly backs up BullGuard's claims.

I have used BullGuard Internet Security for 8 years and have experienced very few problems during that time.

Of course I take the usual precautions to maintain a clean computer system and I also do an occasional scan with another antivirus product. So far BullGuard has never been caught out. I have also found BullGuard Support to be excellent.
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Friday, December 2, 2022, 1:21 PM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,974 posts in 13,697 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,573 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, iAwake.
59 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.