The BullGuard products and services are part of NortonLifeLock Inc., a global leader in consumer Cyber Safety with a portofolio of brands including Norton, Avira and more. Learn more at NortonLifeLock.com

Bullguard stops me from getting an IP at startup

Posted 10/25/2015 3:29 PM

Leiska Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 6
Hello!

This is a very recent problem that suddenly came out of nowhere. As the subject says, if I set Bullguard to start with Windows 10, I won't get an Internet access because Bullguard blocks the DHCP connection. I have to disable Bullguard, then reset the connection to fix it. I can then re-enable Bullguard without issues.

I guess the solution is really simple, but I can't figure it out. Any ideas?
Posted 10/26/2015 8:22 AM

Advanced member

Hello and welcome to our forum!

Please make sure you disable Windows Firewall and that you have disabled any other security programs that may have come pre-installed on your system.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact support@bullguard.com or contact us via Live Chat, so we can get your logs.
Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Support Team Leader
[url]support@bullguard.com[/url]
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 16

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
Posted 10/26/2015 11:16 PM

Leiska Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Hi!

I had Windows Firewall disabled and there was no other Internet security software installed on my computer, however, due an unfortunate mishap with adding new drives to my system, I was forced make a fresh Windows 10 installation. I have yet to re-install Bullguard, but I'll keep you posted if the issue resumes once I get to it.
Posted 11/2/2015 10:04 AM

Advanced member

If you install a fresh Windows, you will not have any difficulties installing BullGuard.

We remain at your disposal for any further inquiries or assistance.
Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Support Team Leader
www.bullguard.com

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
Posted 11/14/2015 12:50 PM

Leiska Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Ok, I managed to reproduce the problem. It's caused by USB connection sharing with a phone. Once I share my ethernet connection, Bullguard will not let me have an IP at startups, even if my phone is not currently connected.
Posted 11/15/2015 12:14 PM

Advanced member

I will kindly ask you to contact support@bullguard.com now, so we can retrieve the logs and advise further.
Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Support Team Leader
www.bullguard.com

• Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 1:56 AM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 61,974 posts in 13,697 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,573 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, iAwake.
59 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.