The BullGuard products and services are part of NortonLifeLock Inc., a global leader in consumer Cyber Safety with a portofolio of brands including Norton, Avira and more. Learn more at NortonLifeLock.com

USB drive always has an issue with ba003.exe when it is plugged into a pc

Posted 2/16/2022 3:10 PM

rjbcollege Member

Date Joined Feb 2022
Total Posts: 2
Whenever I plug any USB drive into my PC, it is scanned by Bullguard Internet Security's antivirus and it always finds an issue labelled ba003.exe.

That file does not exist anywhere on the drive that can be found by windows or command prompt within windows.

The details say:

File name: ba003.exe

Malware: APPL/Redcap.04bbdd

Malware type: Infected file

Path: {tmp}BA003.exe

I have no idea where this {tmp} folder is to be found.  I have searched and searched for any file called anything like ba003.exe and it does not exist.

As you might expect, I click on fix and it says the selected location is now clean.

However, if I safely unplug the drive and plug it back in, or reboot my PC, the same report is made every single time.

So clearly, whatever it is, is not being fixed, at least not permanently, or it wouldn't come back all the time.

What is this file?  How come I can't find it - even if I plug it into a different machine and search for it without the antivirus (or with any other antivirus, none ever find it) the file still cannot be found.

Even formatting the file doesn't stop this from happening.

So, what is this malware and what is this file and why can't it be found?

Many thanks.
Posted 2/17/2022 7:15 AM

Andreea-Luciana Ostache Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 892
Please contact Customer Support directly, so we can get your application logs and investigate
Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Support Team Leader
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Saturday, July 2, 2022, 1:53 AM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 61,974 posts in 13,697 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,684 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, james44.
55 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.