Norton anti virus

Posted 7/24/2004 12:41 PM

drahcir Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1
:jumpin: HI I read a lot from people who use norton because everyone use it,also I read I can`t remove my virus whit norton.
I think that the most scripts are read against norton because the most people of the world use it So A virus can spread his self very fast under norton users.

I mean you better can use bullguard or go to cnet.com and pick up a free anti virus pro They are not less then norton ,the differend is norton company is a very big one and you most pay a lot of money for protection :roll: :roll: You`r think u`r protect but as usseual norton don`t remove the most of the virissen you most do it by your self they only tell you how :shakehead:

Greetzz drahcir
Posted 7/24/2004 1:11 PM

eagle Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 492
Drachir,

That's the same with most anti virus.

Eagle :smilewinkgrin:
Posted 7/28/2004 8:51 AM

HelpMe!plz Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 18
Some of them just can't be deleted by anti-virus software PERIOID. Unless you disable system restore then sometimes they can.
Posted 7/28/2004 12:34 PM

eagle Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Virus writers are getting smarter they are turning some of the virus files into .dll files. that makes them integral to the OS what you have to do (I think) is to go in and change their value then you can delete them.

Eagle

:smilewinkgrin:
Posted 7/29/2004 4:13 PM

Mystikal Dreamer Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 9
No anti-virus software deletes viruses on its own. And, Norton users get more advantages then Bullgaurd users =P. Bullgaurds firewall sucks....and Nortons is better. Bullgaurd and Norton both have good virus definitions. But Norton blocks popups with the Internet Security. Although, if Bullgaurd and Norton were to be merged together. It'd be the best anti-virus out there lol...

:nono: Kyra
Posted 9/20/2004 1:01 PM

Justin Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 10
Why would you just go with a single Anti-Virus software when you are suppose to have Full Internet Security?
You need an ALL-IN-ONE software which prevents Spywares, Blocks Ads, Prevents Hackers and Deletes Junk you dont need, I also suggest you find a software that also comes with pop-up blocker, it'll save your hard drive so much space.
Posted 9/20/2004 1:02 PM

Justin Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 10
FREEWARES DONT DO THE JOB CORRECTLY, I THINK WE ALL LEARNED THAT THE HARD WAY
Posted 9/20/2004 1:39 PM

eagle Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Justin
Virus writers spend there free time looking for ways to get around firewalls and even with a all in one the holes inherent with one part get transferred to the rest of the program that's why you use more than one. because you have different codecs they are not just fighting one set of code they are fight several and they have not got smart enought do do that yet and send the payload they want.

Eagle :smilewinkgrin:
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Friday, December 2, 2022, 2:35 PM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,974 posts in 13,697 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,573 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, iAwake.
32 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.