The BullGuard products and services are part of NortonLifeLock Inc., a global leader in consumer Cyber Safety with a portofolio of brands including Norton, Avira and more. Learn more at NortonLifeLock.com

How do I remove Trojan.FileHarakiri?

Posted 10/9/2010 12:42 PM

imagined Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 2
Could you please help me? There is the Trojan.FileHarakiri virus on my computer. My antivirus is unable to do anything. This virus is corrupting my files and I can't open Word and Excel files, as well as my photos and e-mail. How do I delete it from my computer? Can I still save the files?!!!
User image
Posted 10/9/2010 1:08 PM

extender Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1
hi. It's an old virus, and it usually invades your computer to make you pay money. As you pay, your credit card information is being stolen, and it is later used to steal the money from it. However, even after you pay, the virus does not get deleted from the computer. Here I have written a short instruction on how to delete it (although I still think it may not work for all the versions of the virus):

1. HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon - replace Shell via explorer.exe
2. kill alert.exe process
3. remove $APPDATA\Primary
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Saturday, October 1, 2022, 1:29 PM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 61,974 posts in 13,697 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,573 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, iAwake.
52 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.