The BullGuard products and services are part of NortonLifeLock Inc., a global leader in consumer Cyber Safety with a portofolio of brands including Norton, Avira and more. Learn more at NortonLifeLock.com

Need HELP in removing Trojan horse BackDoor.Generic 12.UUY,please!

Posted 1/18/2010 6:56 AM

veRge Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 2
Hi,could anyone help me to remove Trojan horse BackDoor.Generic 12.UUY,please?

Im using AVG 9.0 and wad it does is jus move it to the virus vault.This virus infection is found in

C:\Documents and Settings\Lim\fnf.exe

Then now everytime my computer startup,there will be this notification from Windows

''Windows cannot access the specified device,path,or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.''

This has slowed down the startup speed of my computer and it's very annoying that everytime I start my computer there will have this notification.

I've read the post that related on how to removed Trojan horse Backdoor.Generic 10.ARRA and how the forum moderator teached the person to remove this virus.But I not sure whether I can follow the instructions or not as the problem Im having is different.The virus is different,and the location of infection is different.

So Please Please Please help me to remove this.Thanks a lot!!

Btw,the processes related to this virus is explorer.exe.And I've checked the processes library,it says that do not disable this processes,so I could not do anything.

Btw,I've read quite a lot of virus removal post here,and this Forum Moderator,Touch is really expert in all these things.So,Forum Moderator,please help me with this annoying problem! T.T
Posted 1/18/2010 7:05 AM

veRge Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 2
And if its possible,could anyone please tell me what does this virus do?Cos I've searched on google,and a lot of websites I found jus telling me crap and did not explain what does this virus do and what kind of harm it brings.Thanks a lot for help! :D
Posted 1/30/2010 2:24 AM

Jintan Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1049
Welcome to BG forums veRge,

That file by that name seems to web research to a Friends and Family program. Do you recognize that? Let's get some info and check things.

To keep them from interfering with the repairs, be sure to temporarily disable all antivirus/anti-spyware softwares while these steps are being completed. This can usually be done through right clicking the software's Taskbar icons, or accessing each software through Start - Programs.

Download RSIT (random's system information tool) from here to your desktop. Then click on the RSIT.exe to open the RSIT display, and click the Continue button.

If necessary allow it to locate or download a copy of HijackThis as needed.

Once the scan completes a textbox will open - copy/paste those contents here for review please. The log can also be found at C:\rsit\log.txt.

RSIT will also create a second log, info.txt, which will be minimized to your taskbar. Post that here as well please (it will also be stored at C:\rsit\info.txt).

You can break logs into parts and use separate posts here when replying and posting the log files, if needed.

--------------

Also click here and download the installer for Gmer to your desktop, then click that file to run Gmer.

Once the opening scan finishes, click on Scan (before scanning, make sure all other running programs are closed and no other actions like a scheduled antivirus scan will occur while this scan completes. Also do not use your computer during the scan).

When completed, click on the Copy button and rightclick on your Desktop, choose "New" > Text document. Once the file is created, open it and rightclick again and choose Paste. Copy the information and post it here please.
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Thursday, August 18, 2022, 6:58 AM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 61,974 posts in 13,697 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,573 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, iAwake.
41 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.