Once BullGuard is installed and running on your computer, you can open it and use its various features to scan your computer, backup files to a safe location, setup your Parental Control profiles or configure the Firewall to match your network security needs.
The BullGuard main screen provides quick access to the application's main features and the Settings where you choose how the various modules behave and function on your computer. On the main BullGuard window you will also find recommendations for actions you can perform to improve your computer’s security.
In order to access all plugins you may need to scroll to the right in the interface using the vertical scrollbar.
The Home page includes the following 2 important functionalities:
- Access to each plugin's most important actions, from the (...) button in their respective boxes.
- Information on each plugin's state - problems or errors will be displayed by a text message in the plugin's box. The border color and checkmark icon will also change, depening on the gravity of the problem.
The BullGuard toolbar includes:
- the Update button so you can manually download the latest virus definitions if so desired.
- the Settings button, where you can alter options for all BullGuard plug-ins.
- the Messaging Center where you can access actions that are in progress and reports for all modules.
In the lower left corner of the main application screen, you can find your BullGuard username and the application version.
Under the main toolbar, you will also see the following 2 options:
- the Support button, which will lead you to our Support page, from where you can contact us.
- the Shop button, which will lead you directly to our buy page.
Please find the plugins from this section and a short explanation listed below:
Antivirus: takes you to the Antivirus plug-in where you can create custom scan profiles, scan your computer using one of the pre-defined profiles or review and manage Quarantined files.
Firewall: click on this button to go to the Firewall module where you can edit rules, review network events or check your Firewall logs in case you need to further fine-tune the module to match your network settings.
Spamfilter: allows quick access to the Spamfilter module where you can manage both your whitelist and blacklist or start configuring the Spamfilter to suit your email client.
Vulnerabilities: this plug-in allows you to review the list with outdated software that represents a potential danger to your computer’s security.
Backup: through which you can create profiles to backup important information remotely, to our secured servers, or locally, on an external drive or on CDs/DVDs.
Parental Control: helps you manage your children’s online behaviour. It allows you to set up profiles through which you can define what programs they can use on the computer, what websites they can access or whether they can use the computer or the Internet connection.
PC Tune Up: plug-in used for optimizing your computer’s performance.