The BullGuard products and services are part of NortonLifeLock Inc., a global leader in consumer Cyber Safety with a portofolio of brands including Norton, Avira and more. Learn more at NortonLifeLock.com

Bullguard slows internet when I close it

Posted 8/3/2009 8:38 AM

darqer Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 2
Hi there. I've Bullguard 8.7 which came with the PC I bought. I'm running a fully patched Windows Vista SP1.
The problem is when I close Bullguard, my internet slows down i.e. opening web pages and loading the content is taking ages. However my ping in games or when I download/upload something is not affected from this. Any idea?
Thanks in advance.
Posted 8/5/2009 3:47 PM

Alin Vlad Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 389
I have never heard of this type of problem before. Usually, for a small amount of costumers, the internet connection slowdown occurs with BullGuard activated.

In order to check which exact BullGuard plugin causes the issue, here is what I recommend:

1. Double-click on the BullGuard icon in the System Tray and open the application.
2. Go to the Antivirus section > Protection tab and turn off the On-Access Protection.
3. Check if the problem starts.
4. Go to the Firewall section > Overview tab and disable this BullGuard engine.
5. Check if the problem starts.
6. Go to the SpamFilter section > Overview tab and disable this BullGuard engine, as well.
7. Check if the problem starts.

Please get back to us communicating the results and which exact BullGuard plugin causes the issue.
Alin Vlad
Community Manager
[url]support@bullguard.com[/url]
www.bullguard.com

Download Free Trial version of BullGuard

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
Posted 8/5/2009 11:51 PM

darqer Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 2
I disabled them all but the problem is still there. Also, I don't see a firewall section. Though the "check internet activity" box is unticked.

This is how the interface looks like to me:
https://saved.im/mtm3mdyxbw93/bg.png

I wonder if bullguard installs some network drivers that might cause the problem? But yeah, it might be the firewall option that I can't find, too.

edit: I just noticed that even when bullguard is running, and I disable the spamfilter I experience the same problem.
Posted 8/10/2009 12:10 PM

Alin Vlad Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 389
It seems that you are using an older BullGuard version. I advice you to upgrade to the latest version using this online guide: https://www.bullguard.com/support/product-guides/bullguard-internet-security-guides/upgrade.aspx
Alin Vlad
Community Manager
[url]support@bullguard.com[/url]
www.bullguard.com

Download Free Trial version of BullGuard

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 1:30 AM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 61,974 posts in 13,697 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,573 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, iAwake.
51 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.