The BullGuard products and services are part of NortonLifeLock Inc., a global leader in consumer Cyber Safety with a portofolio of brands including Norton, Avira and more. Learn more at NortonLifeLock.com

Error "Could not communicate with the firewall service."

Posted 7/27/2009 9:47 PM

nark0z Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1
Just the other day, I went to download a 60-day trial of BullGuard Internet Security: Gamer's Edition from the BullGuard website (even though the setup file installs 8.5)

But when I go to turn "Could not communicate with the firewall service. If the firewall will not start after a reboot, try reinstalling the application!"
"(Error 0x5; Step 106)

It also won't let me use the update feature because "BullGuard was unable to connect to the update server. Please check your connection and try again."

I first went to install this on my other computer (faster rig, Vista Home Premium SP2) as the trial, same setup file and everything. And that had no problems at all, it's running a scan as v8.7 as we speak.

But for the computer I'm on now where it doesn't seem to wanna work, I used the same trial user name and password, would that be the issue?

I had a similar issue with ESET Smart Security on this PC (which I uninstalled a while ago) where it's firewall also wouldn't turn on.

I am running Windows XP Professional SP3 on a Dell Dimension 8400 if that helps.
Posted 7/28/2009 12:58 PM

Alex S. Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 56
Hi,

Please take the following steps in order to provide us more accurate information:

1. Use the following link to download the Sysdump tool:

https://www.bullguard.com//media/231351/sysdump.zip

2. Run the file sysdump.exe after extracting it from the archive, and send us the following generated file:

- sysdump.html.gz

3. We also require you send us the "BgInstallAssist.txt" file, and all it's iterations (like BGinstallAssist2.txt) from this location: C:\Program Files\BullGuard Ltd\BullGuard

Attach the above files to a PM and send them to me.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Alex Sarchiz
Senior Support Technician
[url]support@bullguard.com[/url]
www.bullguard.com
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Monday, July 4, 2022, 8:24 AM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 61,974 posts in 13,697 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,684 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, james44.
39 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.