The BullGuard products and services are part of NortonLifeLock Inc., a global leader in consumer Cyber Safety with a portofolio of brands including Norton, Avira and more. Learn more at NortonLifeLock.com

Removing Norton

Posted 6/20/2009 1:42 PM

shaft12 Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 2
Hi Everyone

I recently bought a 10" Medion notebook which came with a trial version of Bullgaurd and as I have Norton 360 running on my Vaio laptop with an option to use on 3 PC's I thought I'd use the trail period for while before switching it to Norton.

However, I've been so pleased with Bullgaurd as it doesn’t seem to slow down the speed of the Medion whereas Norton has huge affect on the speed of my Vaio, which incidentally is quite a bit more powerful than the Medion, hence I've decided to purchase Bullgaurd and add it to both laptops.

That said, I've heard it's difficult to effectively remove Norton from a laptop so I'd be grateful for your help / advisein this matter.

Many thanks
Posted 6/21/2009 2:35 AM

Touch Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 12974
Hello shaft12

Download the Norton Removal Tool (SymNRT) to your Desktop: https://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039

Once downloaded please close ALL open browsers, also save any work because this may require a restart.

Go to your desktop and double click on the removal tool and then click Setup.
Once open Click Next
Accept the license agreement and click Next
Type in the letters/numbers that you see into the text box then click Next.
Then click Next and the tool will start running.
Once finished restart the PC and run the tool again to ensure everything has been removed.
Delete Nortonremoval tool from your Desktop.

[color=black face="Courier New" sab="311">[2]Click here: Before-posting-a-log[/2][/url]

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />[/color]
Do not PM me with logfiles. They will be deleted.

Posted 6/21/2009 12:19 PM

shaft12 Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 2
Hi Touch

Thanks for that, would you recommend that I install Bullgaurd before deleting Norton, not sure if this is possible though?
Posted 6/21/2009 1:44 PM

Touch Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 12974
The proper method is, download Bullguard installations file, and Norton Removal Tool to Desktop.

Go offline, run Norton Removal Tool.

Reboot, install Bullguard, go online when necessary.

[color=black face="Courier New" sab="311">[2]Click here: Before-posting-a-log[/2][/url]

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />[/color]
Do not PM me with logfiles. They will be deleted.

• Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Monday, July 4, 2022, 7:22 AM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 61,974 posts in 13,697 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,684 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, james44.
41 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.