The BullGuard products and services are part of NortonLifeLock Inc., a global leader in consumer Cyber Safety with a portofolio of brands including Norton, Avira and more. Learn more at NortonLifeLock.com

Updates more than 6 days old - BG advised upgrade from v8.7 to v9.0 to solve problem

Posted 6/25/2010 10:33 AM

Staffmeister37 Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 3
My auto updates are not updating, even tried to do it manually. It finds updates to install, then gets stuck doing them (message appears "Bullguard is already running an update sequence. No more than one update sequence can run at a time").

I don't want to get caught out as my virus protection was last updated 6 days ago!

Sent an email to Bullguard help (I mentioned, I hope they don't recommend upgrading from v8.7 to v9.0, as I've seen all the problems

mentioned about it on here), guess what they suggest to fix the problem!! :shakehead:

Anyone else had this problem and solved it. Preferably without upgrading.

Better mention I'm not very technical, so SIMPLE instructions appreciated.
Posted 6/26/2010 9:59 AM

Staffmeister37 Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 3
Another message that pops up after a while is.....

"The antivirus engine is currently busy and could not be stopped. The update sequence has been aborted."

Has anyone else come across this?

I'm really very reluctant to upgrade to the v9.0 so all help and opinions welcome.

(updates now 7 days 20 hours old!!!)
Posted 7/23/2010 12:02 PM

Alin Vlad Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 389
Please take the following actions and tell me the result:

Go to Start > Run > type: services.msc and click OK. In the Services window that appears, please look for the BullGuard LiveUpdate Service and: if it is already started, please restart it; if it is stopped, please start it. Now close the Services window and see if BullGuard can update.
Alin Vlad
Community Manager
[url]support@bullguard.com[/url]
www.bullguard.com

Download Free Trial version of BullGuard

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
Posted 7/30/2010 10:51 AM

victorash Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 13
Its ironic to me that one of the biggest problem with new version V9.0 is that you cant tell if your update has worked properly. Stay with the previous version is my suggestion.

Why is it that the new version will not tell you what type or size of file you are downloading ? Is there any easy way to tell if your virus files are up todate ?

I think being able to see the size of your updates is important as its usually a good indicator of problems with the update.

Alan
Posted 7/30/2010 11:44 AM

Alex S. Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 56
Alan,

You can tell if the update was successful or not by checking the "Last Updated" counter under Main - Check for updates.

Also, it's not a very good idea to stay with older versions, especially when it comes to Antiviruses. Newer versions always bring tweaks and security improvements along with UI changes.

If you want the same level of notification 8.x had, I should let you know that 9.0 was designed with efficiency in mind, meaning that it should do its job in the background with as few alerts as possible.
Alex Sarchiz
Senior Support Technician
[url]support@bullguard.com[/url]
www.bullguard.com
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Saturday, October 1, 2022, 8:15 PM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 61,974 posts in 13,697 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,573 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, iAwake.
52 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.