The BullGuard products and services are part of NortonLifeLock Inc., a global leader in consumer Cyber Safety with a portofolio of brands including Norton, Avira and more. Learn more at NortonLifeLock.com

How to remove win32/adware

Posted 2/12/2011 12:36 PM

8D Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1
Recently win32/adware has been detected in my laptop. My anti virus Nod32 detects it as win32/adware but cannot clean or delete. It is shown in C:\System Volume Information\_restore{168A5F2D-652D-4264-9424-0E94C4B58786}\RP110\A0028507.exe.
I even tried to remove it with Ad-Aware and Mcafee anti virus but it is of no use as it is not even detecting it. my OS is Win XP SP3.
Can anybody give me the technical support ?
Posted 3/7/2011 7:55 PM

Goodguy69 Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 40
Hi 8D,
Yes this one got past BG on my pc also?, I used ESET online scanner to remove it.
Posted 3/10/2011 7:21 AM

Tavi Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 164
Hey guys,

For System Restore infections we usually recommend you follow this guide as it is the easiest way you can solve it.
Cheers,

Octavian Arvunescu
Senior Support Technician

Please read the forum rules before posting

Try BullGuard here
Posted 1/5/2012 5:14 AM

jnager Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1
This is because you have problems in Windows Registry. It is a common cause of Windows crashes and error messages. Registry problems can occur for many reasons, including references left behind after uninstalling, incorrect removal of software, missing or corrupt hardware drivers or orphaned start-up programs. This will significantly increase the Registry size and slow down your computer, because Windows will need more time to load, search, and read data from the Registry. I recommend you to use Digeus Registry Cleaner.
Posted 2/14/2012 10:26 AM

kuttus Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 5
Turn Off your System Restore Points and Press On Apply.

After that Turn it back on.

Now Turn it back Off again. Then go to the system restore point folder in the C drive and Delete everything inside that folder. After a Complete Deletion Don't Forgot to Turn the system restore point back on.

Steps to Tun Off and On System Restore Points.

Steps to turn off System Restore

Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
In the System Properties dialog box, click the System Restore tab.
Click to select the Turn off System Restore check box. Or, click to select the Turn off System Restore on all drives check box.
Click OK.
When you receive the following message, click Yesto confirm that you want to turn off System Restore:
You have chosen to turn off System Restore. If you continue, all existing restore points will be deleted, and you will not be able to track or undo changes to your computer.

Do you want to turn off System Restore?

After a few moments, the System Properties dialog box closes.

Steps to turn on System Restore

Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
In the System Properties dialog box, click the System Restore tab.
Click to clear the Turn off System Restore check box. Or, click the Turn off System Restore on all drives check box.
Click OK.

After a few moments, the System Properties dialog box closes.
MCSA, MCSE,MCP,MCTS & Exchange.
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Wednesday, July 6, 2022, 6:44 AM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 61,974 posts in 13,697 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,684 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, james44.
30 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.