The BullGuard products and services are part of NortonLifeLock Inc., a global leader in consumer Cyber Safety with a portofolio of brands including Norton, Avira and more. Learn more at NortonLifeLock.com

Port scan

Posted 9/3/2009 5:51 PM

blueisforever Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 2
for some reason rcently bullguard keeps opening saying a port scan is happening. what is this?

also i looked at th logs and did a lookup (i think thats what its called) and it said it was from akamai technologies which seems a reputable company when i checked it out so i unbanned it

but this keeps happening, and as i said before it has only started recently. the only thing i can think of that may have affected it somehow is that i recently changed broadband supplier to o2 (no idea if this would cause something like this)

please help
Posted 9/5/2009 3:15 AM

Jintan Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1049
Welcome to BullGuard forums blueisforever,

You are right - it is very likely normal activities there on your system

Quite often Akamai web activities indicate Microsoft, who uses them for many of their web services. See the Akamai FAQ on that here. Possibly the recent activity is due to some MS software you changed or updated there in the last few days?
Posted 9/6/2009 12:53 PM

blueisforever Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 2
thanks for your help
i think i probably have updated some microsoft software but im starting to think it is something to do with itunes as it only seems to happen when im on itunes.
so does this mean there is nothing to worry about if it is just something to do with akamai?
thanks
Posted 9/6/2009 8:52 PM

Jintan Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1049
For those type alerts yes, you should probably feel comfortable they are legit. As long as your security software does not also start alerting to things like intrusions you should be okay.
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Monday, July 4, 2022, 7:50 AM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 61,974 posts in 13,697 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,684 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, james44.
41 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.