The BullGuard products and services are part of NortonLifeLock Inc., a global leader in consumer Cyber Safety with a portofolio of brands including Norton, Avira and more. Learn more at NortonLifeLock.com

china SPAM

Posted 1/12/2011 6:23 PM

shophappy Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1
[color=red>Note]

Any commercial links posted are immediately Deleted. You cannot tell me you get paid for posts that are never seen by the public. [/color][/b]

[color=red>Not]

Beside you will NOT improve your google ranking by linking from here. We immediately ban all spammers.
[/color][/b]
Posted 1/13/2011 4:03 AM

Goodguy69 Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 40
This thread is in breech of posting rule #11??
Posted 1/13/2011 9:40 AM

Dickens Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 273
Is there some way that these spam advertisements can be blocked BEFORE they are posted? For example, words like 'sports', 'Nike', 'clothing', 'Adidas', etc. have not got any relevance in an Antivirus forum post. Is there software available that can recognise these key words and refuse posting of any message that includes them? Parental controls manage to do similar actions.

Last night (GMT) every subject heading on the Forum was spammed - this must really put off genuine contributors to what is a very helpful Forum.

I know that the moderators do all they can to quickly erase this spam rubbish but they cannot be there 24/7.

:sad:
Posted 1/14/2011 12:46 AM

Goodguy69 Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 40
These Chinese ripoff's can't be that bright spamming a AV website forum? And BG users need to boycott these sort of sites. If you buy their products your as good as the people who hack our pc's and make viruses. They just want your money at any cost!! Use your BG safe browser addon and WOT addon to rate them as spammers. Would you really give your banking details to them anyway?? :sad:
Posted 1/14/2011 9:10 AM

Dickens Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 273
Hi Goodguy69,

I agree with you that no one in their right mind would buy this Chinese fake rubbish. However there are plenty of quite sophisticated websites that offer fake watches, sports goods, etc at very cheap prices and in my experience, some misguided people will buy fake goods.

Like you, I report the spammers as soon as I see them on the Forum.

My argument is; there must be some way in which these spammers can be stopped before their posts are published - so far I haven't had an answer from BullGuard as to whether there is appropriate software to do this.

Keep reporting the spammers!
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Wednesday, July 6, 2022, 5:50 AM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 61,974 posts in 13,697 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,684 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, james44.
30 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.