The BullGuard products and services are part of NortonLifeLock Inc., a global leader in consumer Cyber Safety with a portofolio of brands including Norton, Avira and more. Learn more at NortonLifeLock.com

PC wont start

Posted 6/20/2009 8:06 AM

petlad Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 33
I feel I mistakenly deleted system folder with name ' system ' and ' recycler ' from C drive. After that the PC was on scan with AVG in scheduled scan and with force shut down after scan . Now when I start my pc it does not start at all . even after hitting F8 i am still not able to get to windows thru any of menu available with safemode, safe mode with networking etc. The files that I deleted are still in recycle Bin i can restore them if that the issue. Can you please Guide ? I am sure its not virus problem as it was running preety good last night.

Awaiting your reponse !

Thanks
Posted 6/21/2009 12:19 PM

Jintan Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1049
Hello petlad,

Please only post one thread for any one issue - more threads just add to the work we have to do here.

Although you can access some of your folders through using the Windows Recovery Console (except Vista, but I see in your older threads you have XP) and copy back the removed folders, review the information [URL="https://www.shockfamily.net/cedric/knoppix/"]here[/URL] on creating a Knoppix CD.

If you download the ISO file and use that to burn a Knoppix bootable Linux-based CD, you can then use that on the problem computer to access your file system, and then copy the moved folders back to their original locations. Knoppix will load to RAM memory, so will not alter any hard drive files while you use it.

You won't be doing a Recycle Bin "Restore", but instead will be going to the C:\Recycler\user SID (long string of alpha-numeric characters associated with each user), and locating the deleted items there to move back to their correct locations.
Posted 6/25/2009 3:58 PM

petlad Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 33
Dear Jintan,

I did burn bootable linux based CD I can see all data of PC . I am still going thru the help files for me to understand it however i failed to understand how do i copy the file and place back.

I deleted system folder and recycler folder which were present when I clicked local disc C . I have not deleted any system folder from windows folder.

Now i have to copy the files which i shall be locating from C:/recycler/kumar and paste to c:/

I am just seeking help to understand the bit technical stuff that i may not understand and if you have used it you shall be able to help me understanding it

I have downloaded knoppix v 6.0 adriane . I can paste here txt help file should you need it.

Thanks

petlad

Posted 6/26/2009 1:54 AM

Jintan Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1049
I am pretty familiar with what you are trying to do, and can probably provide any answers you might need.
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Saturday, July 2, 2022, 1:12 PM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 61,974 posts in 13,697 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,684 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, james44.
49 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.