The BullGuard products and services are part of NortonLifeLock Inc., a global leader in consumer Cyber Safety with a portofolio of brands including Norton, Avira and more. Learn more at NortonLifeLock.com

Removal of PC MightMax

Posted 4/9/2005 4:55 PM

Theresa Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 2
I am having trouble removing PC MightMax from my computer.
Posted 4/9/2005 5:00 PM

Theresa Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Complete problem:

Removal of PC MightyMax, I select start > settings > control panel > add/remove programs. I go through the removal process and come up with an error 1721. That's as far as I get, I still have MightMax, no removal.
Posted 4/11/2005 7:34 PM

dk713 Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1
I tried everything suggested...no resolution. Tried using the old DOS commands (del pcmm.exe)...no good. Restarted and there it was again. Went into Windows Explorer>c:>program files> pc mightymax...couldn't delete pcmm.exe.

Renamed pcmm.exe to pcmm.exe.old, restarted, and the program did not load. Best solution? Probably not. Bit I'll take it.
Posted 4/19/2005 2:33 PM

TCB Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Has anyone figured out how to remove PC Mighty Max. I used the add remove and when I clik remove it says there is an internal error 2753 pcmm.exe. Basicly the progam has taken over my computer acting like a virus. Locked me out of XP, had to re-register the product. Changed my screen settings. Locked up my Zone Alarm. Changed the AVG e-mail settings. Will not allow me to do any system restore. Unable to save files to CD. I hope someone can help me.
Posted 5/6/2005 1:10 PM

Sibford Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1
I also was the unfortunate rescipient of MightMax. Having read about the problems people were having when trying to remove the thing I used Windows Task Manager to kill PCMM.exe (which is the name it launches under). I then used the standard "Add or remove Programs" to remove it which was quite sucessful.

I then removed the PC MightMax directory and all its contents from under Program Files just to be on the safe side.

I hope this helps.
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Friday, August 12, 2022, 5:39 AM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 61,974 posts in 13,697 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,573 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, iAwake.
38 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.